This magnificent hotel was opened in 1888. The hotel is different refined finish and an attention to detail interior. He has repeatedly welcomed within its walls distinguished guests, and even royalty. In 1977, the new owners built a wing to the main building, adding thus to the room stock has 53 rooms. Each of them differs wonderful interior decoration: beautiful carpets, elegant chandeliers, curtains in a classic style. On the walls hang portraits in gilt frames, ceilings Presidential suite is decorated with gorgeous frescos and a chandelier made from Murano glass. The hotel restaurant serves Italian and Mediterranean cuisine.
Location: on the shores of Lake Lugano and within walking distance from the city center, 10 minutes’ drive the train station, 20 minutes from the domestic airport Agno, an hour’s drive from the international airport Malpensa (Milan). Read the rest of this entry »